Monday, June 16, 2008

June 3, 2008
When I arrived here in Verona, I didn’t eat a lot except for at dinner. Sara, Joana, Rachel, and I ate dinner at Rala’s apartment. We had gnocchi with tomato sauce, meatballs, and green beans. For dessert we had a pie type thing that was made of corn meal and had almonds in it , called sbrisolina.
June 4, 2008
I woke up late this morning and didn’t really have a breakfast or lunch. So I skipped right along to dinner, which in fact was the cooking class! Words can’t even describe how delicious this food was. And in fact, I actually ate food that I would have never eaten at home! We had a 3 course meal, which consisted of pomodori farciti con salsa al pesto, tagliatelle al Ragout di carni bianche, Scaloppine ai funghi, and for dessert we had Panna Cotta ai Frutti di Bosco. We stuffed the tomatoes with a combination of zucchini, eggplant, peppers . Also with added seasonings of parsley, garlic, oil and salt. The next dish consisted of spaghetti, which we made by hand, from scratch, and chicken, turkey, carrots, onions, celery, white wine, olive oil, butter, parmesan cheese, sage leaves, milk, flour, and lemon peels. The final part of the meal was made of mushrooms, veal, fresh thyme, parsley, and oil and starch. Last but not least the dessert, which was made of fresh cream, sugar, vanilla, lemon peels, gelatin strips, and strawberry sauce. When I thought I had enough, Sara, Victoria, and I went downtown to a café, while they got wine, I ordered gelato, it was a vanilla truffle.

No comments: